Monday, November 7, 2011

Reading Graphs

    I could talk about reading levels (we use Rigby), Fluency WPM, and sight words in my sleep.  I know where all my kids are and where they should be.  I'm engrossed in it.  Sometimes it's easy to forget that the parents' of the kids aren't so engrossed in it.  The teacher terms can be confusing if not well explained.  I created these graphs to help parents see where their kids are and where they should be at each point in the year.  I keep a master copy and then quickly fill out the parent's copy each grading period.  I realize that a lot of teachers won't be using Rigby levels, or our county's sight words but maybe this will give you an idea of how to create your own chart. 



Reading Graphs

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I made something like your reading levels one for this year. But I need to add the fluency and sight word portion. I included a fluency and comprehension rubric and score on mine. Would share your sight word list sometime?
    2B Honey Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make something like this! What a great idea to make sure that parents actually understand what the data means. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete