Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Veteran's Day


We are gearing up for our Veteran's Day Program on Friday.  I always use this time of year to teach my patriotic symbols unit and we do a lot of fun things to accompany Veteran's Day.  I thought I'd post my favorite two projects.  



I love this guy!  The pattern comes from a mailbox magazine.  We use tissue paper to cover the pattern and then place it on a sheet of card stock that has been covered with aluminum foil.  We'll decorate the hallway with these. 



My next favorite item is in my TPT store.  I display the picture cards in my pocket chart.  I then read their description cards and the kids have to tell me which picture goes with which card.  I also have several more sets of these that I let the kids play concentration (the matching game) with.  



You can see more about it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment