Monday, July 25, 2011

Do you smilebox?

A few years back I discovered smile box.  I first saw it on a fellow teacher's website at my school.  It's a great way to add pictures or videos to a blog or website.  It's so easy to create a cute, attractive slideshow.  At the beginning of the year I have parents fill out a permission slip to allow me to use their child's photos & first names on our class website.    I let them know upfront if they choose to opt out, their child may be asked to sit out of some photos.  After permission is granted it's time to get a-snapping!   


Smile boxes I create for the class site:
  • First day of school
  • Meet your teacher
  • Daily 5 Reading
  • Camp-Read-A-Lot Activities
  • Biography Speeches
  • Group Photos
  • Halloween Pictures
  • Recess
  • Field Trip
The list could go on and on.

Here's the smilebox I created this year to introduce my family and myself.  




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free slideshow design




Smile box has always had free accounts but they have advertisements on them when viewed.  Paid accounts are ad-free. 

However....Smile box is good to teachers......

Teachers can get the premium account for

......FREE!  Click here to learn more.   You can't beat free!

4 comments:

  1. I am a new follower of your blog and was wondering if I could have a link to your class website. I love the idea of smile box and was just wondering how you incorporate it into your school site.
    Mechele
    Barrow's Hodgepodge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Had never seen that before. I wonder if you can add this to wikispaces. I'm a new follower of yours and new to blogging. Would love to have you as a follower www.prekmomdotcom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I didn't know they had teacher discounts...

    Learning in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete